Month: August 2016

Can I claim a loss due to the flooding?

Casualty Losses  Personal Property Those affected by the recent floods may qualify for casualty loss deductions.  These losses are reported on Form 4684, Casualties and Thefts.  The loss is limited to the lesser of cost or decrease in FMV of property ...[Read More]

Tax Relief to Louisiana Storm Victims

Tax Relief to Louisiana Storm Victims Louisiana storm victims will have until January 17, 2017 to file certain Federal individual and business tax returns and make certain Federal tax payments, the Internal Revenue Service announced Monday.  All work ...[Read More]